1.8K views

My brother died and left a $10,000 life insurance policy to me, his sister.He had debts under my name and being a concerned and loving brother he paid for years on this policy.

He passed in Feb 15, 2014. I waited weeks to get the "alledged mailed claims application" I ended up calling the Canada office and they faxed it to me. I then mailed it USPS tracking no. incl.

and they received it two days after, its been now almost 10 days and I have not received the "alledged check" I am beginning to believe they are not mailing anything they say they do. I am not hopeful to get the check> I am willing and planning to fly to Toronto Canada and visit their offices daily if I have to until they hand me the replacement check. Not only Am I grieving my brother but I am going to lose my credit on account on Foresters not doing what they are supposed to do. I am unemployed and about to get my SS retirement benefits, I wish I had the money to pay the debts but even thou I WILL NOT LET FORESTERS GET AWAY WITH SCAMMING MY POOR DECEASED BROTHER!!!

THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO THEY ARE DEALING WITH.I AM WILLING TO GO THE DISTANCE TO DO WELL BY MY BROTHER AND TO MAKE THE PAY WHAT THEY HAVE TO.

Had an Experience with Foresters Financial?

Comments

It is the families responsibility to claim from the Insurance Company and submit proof of death.How else is a company going to know that their customer passed?

They are not only regulated by the state but by the federal government and have to pay a claim within 60 days of you submitting the claim and proof of death (death certificate).

10 days and posting bad reviews is a bit ridiculous since you are going to get a paper check which would take USPS 3 days to put in your mail box....Seems like you had unreasonable expectations of a check being mailed to you the day your mail got delivered.

Gainesville, Florida, United States #862810

Maybe you received your claim already. You may need to address the issue because no doubt Forester Insurance is a refutable company.

to shande #862837

I did indeed - my message is posted- i recaí ved the claim And ha e made sure I ley oteros nos Forester did

Come through

No complaints - I can say Forester is a trusted company

MaggieBack

I have to say I did receive the proceeds from Foresters - it took a little longer and I got really worried but the Company did come through - if it's a valid claim it will be paid you just have to stay on top and keep calling - but Foresters DID come through!!

Its September (almost) did you ever get your money? I suspect you found out why if your not telling everyone the outcome?

Richardson, Texas, United States #799670

Number one why?In the first place did you have to notify the insurance company.This is the funeral homes responsiblity.I have had several deaths in the family and I not once had to notify the insurance company the funeral home of choice notified the insurance company in my behalf because they were handling all the final arraignments in preparation for the up coming funeral.All was needed was for the insurance company to ok the amount of the policy and Confirm that the policy was still in effect at the time of death.It does take time to recieve the face amount of the policy because the funeral home money comes off the top,In other words the funeral home is paid in full first and The remainded of what is left if any goes to the beneficiary.Also the opening and Closing of the grave is seperate from the actually funeral.The funeral home usually collects for the grave diggers and It is very expense.I can remember when a grave was dug for $250.00 now it can cost anywhere from $1,000-$1,500.00.Maybe you should have let the funeral home handle the insurance company because it is time consuming and It is not something you recieve over night.It took at least a month or more to recieve the money that was not used for the funeral.Are you positive that your brother kept his policy in effect?Because if he did not you will not recieve a red penny from the insurance company believe me when i state this fact.Also insurace companies do not pay for a person taking their own life.Hopefully...